1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3 Bass issue

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martincousins11, Mar 5, 2005.

1. martincousins11

martincousins11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had a Sony NW-HD3. Very happy with it. :thumbsup:

Problem- I don't seem to get anywhere near as much bass as a once did with my old Sony Walkman CD player with bass boost on. Using thensame earphones (Sonys best in ear ones) :(

I've tryied the EQ and the "Digital Sound EQ". :thumbsdow

I do wonder if the format i'm using "ATRAC3PLUS- 64kps" could be redusing the number of possible sound frequices in my music? :rolleyes:

Could i be used to too much bass?

Can anyone give me advice?

:lease:

2. drmattx

drmattx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    it is a combination of your headphones and the low bit rate you are using change it to 256 and the quality will be much better, although not as good quality as cd

3. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bass sounds great on my hd3 playing 192kb mp3s, it actually amazes me how deep the bass can be with plugs.. I'm also using the ex51's.

4. martincousins11

martincousins11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, thought it might be along those lines. ;)

Have tried incressing bitrate, better sound but bass is just same really.

I reckon i'm used to tooooooo much bass.

Someone also told me recently that the old bass boost on the SONY CD players take the wave form move every singal to a deeper sound/frequency. Which may be ture as my old CD player's top end lacks when i have it on full bass. -----------However i'd be surprised!

5. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old walkman with maga bass and yes it will blow away anything for pure bass. When I got my HD1 I was quite dissapointed with what to me sounded like a total lack of bass. However after to listening to the HD1 for a few months and going back to the old walkman I realise that the old walkman has FAR too much bass. Sure it sounds awesome in dance tracks to have huge booming bass but a radio djs voice should not also be booming with bass. The HD1 sound is a pure sound where as the sony mega bass is not how the origional recording was meant to sound.

Still I'd love it if the HD1 did have mega bass. But once you get use to the sound of it you will love it.

And BTW expensive earphones will make little difference. I bought these Sony MDR-E888SP and still got no more bass.