1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3 and SonicStage 2.3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bek, Feb 4, 2005.

1. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I got my HD3 yesterday, so I'm still getting used to things. But it's gorgeous and it sounds great.

A few points and questions...

1. Volume. I'm in the UK and have a UK HD3 and the volume is totally fine. Maybe the limit is deactivated, or maybe I have fragile ears. It's definitely not an issue to stop you buying one of these machines. (It can be altered if you're deaf/like it loud - check out other posts in this forum)

2. MP3 or ATRAC? MP3. Mainly because my other half has an iPod and he's ripped all the music already. (Am I lucky or what!) They are 160kbps and sound better than they do on his iPod. That way we can both use the same mp3 collection (although with different software) and save on PC harddrive space. I also prefer the idea of using a universal file type, rather than a manufacturer-specific one.

3. SonicStage. The main problem I have at the moment is how the right hand window (HD3) shows the albums in the order in which they were uploaded. So if I can't remember if I uploaded a certain album it can take ages to check. Is there a way of indexing this list better? Say, by Artist name?

4. Accessories. I know there are no decent HD3 accessories out yet, or does anyone know any different? I would also like a cradle/holder for use in my car, I thought maybe one designed for use with a mobile phone/gps/pda would be fine... anyone tried this? Also, has anyone bought the HD1 case for the HD3? Is it very bulky? What's the fit like?

That's it for now. Any input greatly appreciated!! And I'll post back here when I think of something else!!!

2. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With regards to HD3 volume, see the thread titled "NW-HD3 EU model volume? SOLVED !!!!!"

Works and absolute treat!

As for SonicStage, you'll just have to grin and bear it - you get used to it in time (alternatively you could use Windows Media PLayer 10 to copy the MP3 tunes over - sadly it doesn't support Atrac3!)

3. andym1

andym1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the HD3 blocked playback of MP3 tunes that have been copied over by software other than Sonic Stage.

Can you confirm you have used Media Player 10 to copy MP3 tunes and have actually managed to play them on the HD3 again?

What if you have copied MP3 files over with Sonic Stage and Media Player 10? Are you able to play both?

4. lovegroova

lovegroova

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I have recently acquired an HD3 and have been ripping my CDs to MP3 over the last couple of weeks using WM10, and they transfer quickly and easily to the HD3 and play back just fine as well.

You just have to import the folders into the SonicStage Library and then transfer them across to the HD3. It does about 3 tracks per second.

5. dancoolboarder

dancoolboarder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how r u ment to make your sony hd3 go louder plz

thx

6. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is another thread on this forum that gives step by step instructions called "NW-HD3 EU model volume? SOLVED !!!!"

but i found that it made the sound really distorted so I changed it back.

7. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the hd1 case and I love it, it fits snug like a second skin.

[​IMG]

8. degringo

degringo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where did you buy the case from as I've not been able to find it anywhere

9. Blown383

Blown383

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: