1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD battery replacement.

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by just_hamish, Feb 5, 2005.

1. just_hamish

just_hamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have sony said anything about battery replacement, like apples $99 replacement. The units have a built in lithium-ion battery so presumably they will deteriorate over the years. Based on the fact that I have had past experience of battery life being considerably less than what sony claim I do not want to fork out £200+ for a unit that will become next to obselete when the battery only lasts something like 3 hours. Have sony said anything about this?, will they set up a replacement program?

Any help would be appreciated...

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    The first question is really do you expect to still be using it by the time the battery starts to fail?

3. just_hamish

just_hamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I'm saying is I dont want to buy something that is doomed to die in say... 2 years.
    I like to think it will last, for instance I have had my Sony CD player for about 5 years now and it is still in perfect working order, so I would like to think the MP3 would at least potentially last that long, at the very least at a small cost (i.e. a replacement battery)

4. ratiopharm

ratiopharm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a detailed description in the manual how to open the player (for proper disposal of the battery before throwing the player away :D).

I´m sure you can also use it to replace the battery pack, looks like some kind of industrial standard, there should be replacement batteries at ebay soon (as for the ipod)....

5. just_hamish

just_hamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks