1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-E40x/E50x - new volume boost?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by rojack, Sep 5, 2005.

1. rojack

rojack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just upgraded my NW-E407 to the firmware v2.0 - but used the USA firmware instead of the European file... and while i'm not 100% certain - it does appear to play louder than before - would anyone else care to try this out and share your opinion - cheers

Sony NW-E4xx firmware v2.0

Sony NW-E5xx firmware v2.0

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    haven't got one but it'd make sense

On some Sony Net/Hi-MDs, changing region to non-EU works too

3. M&M

M&M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunatly this threat has not affect on volume performance, still quiet sound on my player NW-E507, even thought Thank you goes for effort

******* sony euro products :thumbsdow

4. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I concur!

5. rojack

rojack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmnnn - i've since been outside and sitting on the underground with mine and it probably isn't any louder - but sitting here at home, just after i made the switch, it certainly sounded more pumped-up...

alas

6. Lepperd

Lepperd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ya I have an E507 and felt sound was not loud enough. A great way to increase volume is to run you music through MP3Gain first before transferring to MP3. This way you have increased the db's before it goes to machine, then when you turn the volume up to 31 it sounds great. I have most of my tracks on 106 db some I had to take back to 101.9 as the E507 could not cope with the base. Have a try of MP3Gain it's great, I listen to Deep Purple, Status Quo, AC/DC, Killers, The Darkness, Black Eyed Peas, Green Day, Etc.