1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-E407 - unable to transfer tracks

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tinks, Aug 14, 2005.

1. tinks

tinks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought and E407, and did successfully get a lot of my CD's transferred. Due to various probs with SonicStage I've ended up reinstalling it and formatting the E407, now when I try to transfer anything to the E407 I get an error "The tracks cannot be tranferred to the device/media. The remaining transfer count is zero."

Can anybody please help me. I've hunted through various Sony sites and no answer.

Thanks

2. dansue

dansue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry I can´t help you. but i have a transferring problem too on my HD-5. Hopefully someone who had the same problem can come up with a solution...

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you download your tracks from Sony's Connect store? Some of these tracks have a limited number of transfers to a device, which could be your problem. Same could be true if you're transferring DRM MP3s bought from another store like Napster, MSN Music, etc. Some tracks can only be transferred a number of times. :(

4. tinks

tinks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion, but they are from CDs that I transferred to my pc.

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - that's me out ... :thumbsdow

6. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try reverting to your back-up library [if you have one!!!] using the SS back-up tool. This may reinstate the transfer count for you. What version of Sonic Stage are you running? Tracks from CDs should have unlimited transfers.

Other things you can try:
    -- format from both within Sonic Stage and also on walkman itself.
    -- rerip and transfer a couple of test tracks
    -- reimport some files

I had library problems when I reinstalled Sonic Stage -- I hadn't lost my library, but because I had not done an 'official' back-up, rights info was lost and basically I had to rerip ALL of my music.

mal.