• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony NW A1000

D

dlaphead

Hi there

I am new to this forum so apologies if this has been discussed before on here.

I have been given my daughters old Sony NW A100 after she got a new player for Christmas. However, I am having trouble installing it onto my PC using the disc. All is well until I get to the "Terms and Conditions", I am unable to "Accept" as not all the writing and more importantly, the boxes to tick appear.

I would be very grateful to receive any help/advise (in basic terms please) as it's very frustrating as it worked ok on her laptop.

Hope you can help and happy New Year to you all.

Reliquary

If that is your problem, then you are probably trying to install a piece of software called "Connect"; the answer is simple; don't.

It was replaced by SonicStage (latest version = 4.3) and can be found here

Download and enjoy, hope that helps

R.

D

dlaphead

Reliquary, thank you so much for your help and advice.

I acted on the information you kindly provided, and hey presto!, it works a treat!.

Thank you, appreciate it, have a great 2008!.

D

Reliquary

No bother, glad you are all sorted!

The NWA1000 is a nice player (I have 2!), much better sound quality than the competition for my money.

Regards

R.

C

carjon0

Hi,
I love my NW 1000, but like many others, hate the software.

Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful. I now have the Sonic Stage software loaded. It's certainly better than Connect, but it's still not great.

I have used it to send items to the player, but there's no sign of them on the player, not as a track, playlist or album - is this just me??

The computer also uses Media player but nothing transfers from it to the player, althought I've got the player listed as a device.
All and any help gratefully received!

many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom