Sony Nw-a1000 Mp3 Walkman

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kph103, Mar 7, 2006.

1. kph103

kph103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Recently Purchased This (in Violet) And It Is A Superb Piece Of Kit.from Its Stunning Good Looks And Nice Weighty Feel,the Excellent Sound Quality And A Plethorer Of Options It Just Blows Away The I-pod.there Have Been Problems With The 'connect'software But This Has Been Resolved.the Player Holds Over 60 Albums And It Took Me About 30-40 Minutes To Load It Up.the Only Problem Is That There Is So Much Choice On There I Can Never Decide What To Listen To!!!!
    Highly Recommended

2. stuge

stuge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its your opinion but many people don`t recommend A1000 after buying .

I `m happy that till now you are problem free.:thumbsup:

3. johnrp

johnrp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am happy, have found sound quaility good, have got to grips with connect, not the best software, and find 192 ATRAC better than MP3, i would recomend this product to others. it is a very good piece of kit:thumbsup:

4. kph103

kph103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Your right about connect..it's ok but not as good as sonicstage except for transfer time which i find faster.The one real bugbear is that 'gracenote'doesn't appear to work even though it is enabled in preferences.

5. cu3ed

cu3ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yep got one about a month ago (went for the swish looking black lol), and so far im very impressed, i love the playlist history feature, but yea the connect software is actually hit and miss, me and a mate where llloking as to why its so slow, we think it sommin to do with the artists link that runs in the background and seems to check every song in the library,

Also finding the Atrac 192 to be better quality too, plus, does anyone else just find it just oozes better build quliaty than most other players?

And i coudnt get sonic stage to work at all on my comp, everytime i opened it i just got a flickering screen.

Screen is alittle hard to see on a bright day, and dont know where sony got their 20hr battery life span from, but overall im more impressed by its abilites than the ipods.

6. cu3ed

cu3ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Would also recommend the remote, very handy and works really well, good build quality too.

7. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can I make a suggestion - all sony owners should stand in a cirlce. Once the circle is complete, everyone should take a turn to the right and pat the person in front of them on the back.

While this is happening, owners of all other digital music players should chill out and enjoy listening to some music. :D

8. Sporran

Sporran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    any room in that circle for me?

:hiya:

9. cu3ed

cu3ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

oh.actaully we could all get guns and shoot the poeple that seem to have a problem when other poeple dont buy ipods.

10. kph103

kph103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    don't you just hate the superior attitude of i-pod users...and they have no need to be, just don't know what they are missing!!!!!

11. rozzr

rozzr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I really like the NW-A1000 - such good sound quality - far superior to the iPod.

I've got silver and it looks so cool!!

Coupled with a pair of CX300's and a HD full of decent tunes, the nw-a1000 is unbeatable, imo!

12. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Guys

I'm new in this part of the forum, so i'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if RealPlayer can be used to transferr music onto the Sony players.

Obviously then, I could avoid the SS software altogether.

It would make the decision between this and the iPod Nano a lot easier.

Cheers:thumbsup:

13. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    KPH I certainly don't feel superior in any way - I just get fed up that every post about Sony players has to include a slagging off of ipods - can't you just enjoy your players without the 'so much better than ipod bollards that always accompanies it.

We all have one thing in common - we own or are thinking of owning a player and we enjoy music. Why do we have to split into teams.

As for the comment about buying guns, that's a bit harsh. :eek:

14. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Only 60 albums! I don't think you are taking full advantage of Atrac3+ superior compression over MP3's

Try transferring some tracks at 64k Atrac3+ you will not be able to spot hardly any difference over you current bitrate and will get masses more tracks on the device.

I've currently got 400 albums on my 20gb HD3 at 64k Atrac3+ and it's only just over half full.

My wife has a 1gb Sony Flash player and has managed to squeeze 45 full CD's on it at 64k Atrac3+

15. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Atrac 64kbps sounds awful, you dont get the good sound quality unless you go 192kbps and above, that is my opinion, i listen with 256kbps and the sound is superb, cd quality how it should be!

16. cu3ed

cu3ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

Sorry was a joke mate, and to be fair yea the ipods are good, though i tunes has got alittle bloated for my liking, ive used ipods in the past so i cant really say anything.

Alhtou i did feel superior when i got my 3G, and they where just new never widly seen before items, still the best working design in my eyes.

17. kph103

kph103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If i put anymore albums on there i'll never work out what to listen too..there's just so much choice.Anyway,as someone said just enjoy i whatever you have i'm sure they all sound great anyway.
    As the late great Dave Allen (remeber him?)used to say
    "goodnight and may your MP3 player go with you" (well he used to say something like that)