sony ns92v connected to a sony hdtv?

Stuart P

what is the best way of getting these 2 connected? the options i have are a high quality scart cable or a hdmi lead. to be honest i am struggling to see ANY improvement in using the hdmi over the scart. i can see appropraite settings on the dvd player to adjust but none on the tv.

i have set the dvd player to 'auto' output the hdmi signal, as i thought this would be the best way to go. the signal is fed thru to the 'av4' input on the tv. there does not seem to be any settings to play around with on the tv regarding hdmi

any thoughts?

panosxgr

Standard Member
Stuart, what do you mean when you say "the signal is fed thru to the 'av4' input on the tv"? You pass the signal through an amplifier?

Stuart P

panosxgr said:
Stuart, what do you mean when you say "the signal is fed thru to the 'av4' input on the tv"? You pass the signal through an amplifier?
the hdmi signal from the dvd player shows on av4 on the tv. the scarts show up on av1/av2

panosxgr

Standard Member
ΟΚ. When you connect your dvd player with the TV, the only settings I think you can play with are these on the dvd player. Try to change the output signal from "auto" to 720p or 1080i and select the one you are like more. When you connect the dvd through HDMI then it works the scaler of the player. That means the picture quality depends most of the scaler your dvd player has. If you connect them through Scart, then the scaler of your TV will work and the quality depends on the upscaling capability of your TV.

PS: Sorry for my English :rolleyes:

Top Bottom