1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NS900v

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Harvey, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Harvey

Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am somewhat interested in this player, and wonder whether it is worth getting given my needs, or should I content mysely with a cheaper player given my relatively light demands.

I am only interested in two channel listening, and music DVD's are my main interest - I do not really care about effects on movies etc. My TV is 28" widescreen. SACD does not really interest me at this point.

In the circumstances, is it overkill to purchase this player, or is this machine of such quality that it is worth spending the extra on? Thanks for any comments.

H

2. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this player in the January sales: 300 quid from a Sony centre.

I've found the picture quality to be excellent, and it also seems to be very good at playing CDs (which was the main reason I went for it). In addition, it seems far less prone to disc faults/foibles than my old player.

I'm delighted with it, and couldn't recommend it enough. However, I guess it depends how much you want to spend: if you're not too worried about sound, then I guess a cheaper player would suit your needs.

Until you get the urge to upgrade, that is...

3. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I bought one (multiregion) from Richer Sounds last week for £250.
    Region 2 is £200

I compared this to the 905 which I was originally going to get and decided that this was a cracking deal for the money.

It replaced my Marantz dv4100 which had given me loyal years of service and quality cd audio quality.

This is a great machine...cd playback is better than my Marantz and the player exudes class.

Has played everything I've thrown at it...cdr/dvdr/svcd etc...

That blue light is nice too :)

Now to sell sell my Marantz on fleabay...

4. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's very easy to make the player multi-region if you have a Pronto or one of those hand-held computer jobs...I did mine yesterday, and it worked.

200 quid is a steal!

5. Harvey

Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks

H