sony ns900 'GOODNEWS'

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sund, Dec 5, 2001.

1. sund

sund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush:

I have had similar problems to others with my ns900 which i have had for 4 weeks.

I think Sony are mistaken if they think that only 1% of players are affected.

This is a superb DVD player no doubt and I just want it to work properly.

I went to the retailers today and they knew about the problem. It isn't anything major, it's just that the player switches the aspect ratio because of a voltage drop when there is no signal. i.e when you are in the menu section of a disc. So the fix involves stabilising the voltage so that it doesn't drop.

The goodnews is that the retailers told me they have the go ahead from Sony Japan to perform a simple fix which takes 20 minutes and that they will do for me at the shop. No need to send the player away to a Sony service centre over the holiday period.

So i am taking the player into the shop tomorrow and it should take just 20 minutes.

I will let you know how i get on tomorrow.

Sund

2. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my supplier also were told how to do the fix by sony and while it solved the problem for composite it remained via RGB so i got a refund.

3. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If that's the explanation (switching when there is no signal) then I'm not expecting it to fix my AV switching fault because I'm getting switching when there is definitely an active video feed!! :( It happens when I'm watching Special Features etc., don't think I've _ever_ had it in a menu.

Within the last hour my player has been picked up for repair, I'm going to be really pi**ed off if the fault remains once I get it back. I like it so much I'll really not want to go for a refund unless I absolutely have to, if the fault remains I'll try demanding a replacement direct from Sony - this shouldn't be a problem as only 1% of the players have this fault so they must have good stock somewhere (yeah, right!) ;)

There is another thread here regarding this problem, I'd suggest we continue to update that thread rather than begin new ones just so that all the information remains in one place.

If anyone has had the repair please can you post up your results - if the fault remains it might be worth contacting John Archer again.