1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NS700

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tim Ashdown, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I've just bought one of these for my parents. I always come home to find the oldies in my room watching my films, so its handy for keeping them out. I figured my dad could put it through his Musical Fidelity system. His got a pair of Castle Harlechs bi-amped with an MF xa-2 and a pair of xa-50's. I haven't tried the video side yet but couldn't wait to try SACD. WOW! This format gives my dads X-ray cd a run for its money, in some instances better. Its so clear and detailed compared with even HDCD, let alone normal cd. All the hype was true. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I want one. Has anyone had any experience with the Sony 333ES or the new Marantz Multi-channel and how much have you seen them for (I fear the Marantz could be out of my price range). I would be partnering them with a Denon A1SE and Kef THX so has anyone tried a similar setup. Finally and most importantly, does anyone know any sites where can I buy the software! Thanks in advance. Tim.

2. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    amazon.com list 94 popular and 65 classical all around $19 and amazon.co.uk about 13 so time to pay some serious postage / duty / VAT

And now for something completely different:

Mark Levision's new company "Red Rose Music" are also doing "home made" SACD's from their site... redrosemusic.com

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you like the 700 you will love the ns900 imho its unbeatable this side of £1000-00.

4. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Thanks mate, just ordered Thriller from Amazon. It came to $28.45 with the shipping option I chose. Roughly how much do you reckon that is, £15-£20? If you've used them before did you get caught with any import duty. I couldn't get redrosemusic.com to load, but thanks again anyway. Stranger, cheers for the recommendation but I'm planning the new Denon A1 as my next dvd. This is rumoured to have SACD as well as DVD-A. If it doesn't then I'll probably go the Sony route, but most probaby a stand alone unit like the ES range. Plus I know it sounds sad, but the 900 won't match any of my kit as its all gold. :eek: I've heard not one bad word about the 900 though, so if this is what you bought then it seems you got yourselve a stonker!