sony ns 400d is there a hack ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by purcell, Mar 20, 2002.

1. purcell

purcell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there a handset hack for the sony ns 400d ? the only thing i can find is the sys diagnois screen can anyone get any further to get to the screen press on the remote title ,clear , power , (while the machine is in standby mode.

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    There has never been a handset hack for any Sony player. Its one of the 'big' brands that can't be hacked except for hardware chipping. Others include Panasonic, Toshiba, Pioneer.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there is, but it is the world's best kept secret!

I purchased a Sony NS700 at a local dealer, after a lot of hard negotiating I got £25 of the list price and conversion to multi region.

He took a brand new box, still sealed, out of the stock room and asked his mate where the One-4-All remote was. He explained he had to buy one of these in order to send a special code to the player. Sadly, I was unable to "shoulder surf" and therefore I cannot say what the codes are.

He then tested it with a couple of region 1 and region 2 disks. They played fine. I asked if he had a copy of R2 Charlies Angels as, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, this is an RCE disk. This he had, and it played fine too.

He normally charges £30 for this service and I've seen several adverts that will sell the Multiregion model for a little more than the R2 player. Hardware mods normally cost at least £70-80 more.

DaveP

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes upgrade remotes are available to rent from dvdchips.co.uk

5. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is great nwes if it is true !

But I will just add something. It is maybe Australia only relevant, but it might be global ?

The ACCC (Consumer & Competition Commision) is a very powerful mob who look after us Oz consumers against big bad companies.

They are having a close look at Regional Coding and if it is fair for OZ consumers. I have seen many new Sony DVD models arriving on Oz shelfs as multiregion out of the box. I beleive Sony are a little scared by the $10M fines the ACCC are regularily hadning out to big corps when found to be in breach of the Oz regs.

Maybe this has something to do with the new fond abaility to remote hack Sony models ?

Sadly mine is a DVP S735 and was bought befoer all this multi region stuff. If anybody knows how I can get mine mulitregion for nothing - I would be grateful !

6. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is great nwes if it is true !

But I will just add something. It is maybe Australia only relevant, but it might be global ?

The ACCC (Consumer & Competition Commision) is a very powerful mob who look after us Oz consumers against big bad companies.

They are having a close look at Regional Coding and if it is fair for OZ consumers. I have seen many new Sony DVD models arriving on Oz shelfs as multiregion out of the box. I beleive Sony are a little scared by the $10M fines the ACCC are regularily hadning out to big corps when found to be in breach of the Oz regs.

Maybe this has something to do with the new fond abaility to remote hack Sony models ?

Sadly mine is a DVP S735 and was bought befoer all this multi region stuff. If anybody knows how I can get mine mulitregion for nothing - I would be grateful !