1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Noise.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahambateman, Mar 29, 2003.

1. grahambateman

grahambateman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help.
    Can anybody tell me if there is a way to reduce or dampen the noise with my Sony VPL CX1 projector.
    I know its a budget model , but i do find the fan noise intrusive at times.
    Also is there any way , of masking the white lines at the top and bottom of the projected image , or is this just a problem i am going to have due to the model constraints .Alteranativly , can i buy a different lens to get round this proble.
    Any help is appreciated .

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Graham
    Welcome to the CRT forum. The projector you mention is an LCD model and whilst I don't have a huge amount of experiece with these. Favoring the altogether much quieter CRT.s Lamped projectors in genral have to have high volume ( in air movement terms) fans to try to keep the lamp and the internals of the projector cool. OR at leat at the same temperature.
    A word of waning, whilst most manufactures over specify the fans and they can be slowed a little the down side to this is that it can have the effect of causing hot spots. LCD pannels in particular will tend to change colour and if not kept the same temperature across the whole pannel (or pannels) can get purity problems where patches of colour appear.

You could try enclosing the projector in some sort of hush box but this too will require its own ventilation.

Alternatively you could try one of these:devil:

3. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    (I have moved this thread here from the CRT forum because it has nothing to do with CRT Projectors.)