Sony NEX / OM Zuiko Macro

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Hi, I've been shooting some more macros recently with my Sony NEX5 and Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm 3.5 macro/extension tubes so thought I'd share some. I really like the NEX combo over my 40d because the lightweight setup and flip screen really make a difference in awkward positions!

1) Morning Dew

7519363536_8121b448dd_b.jpg

2) What are you looking at...

7519352968_4c26d191da_b.jpg

3) Triple drops

7519371950_772ff53bc6_b.jpg

4) Not looking healthy

7407925048_fd3392d2db_b.jpg

5) Earwig emerging from exoskeleton

7407932000_1772ee21ea_b.jpg

All shots were handheld with a Sigma EF-500 flashgun held in my left hand and triggered with the NEX on-board flash with power dialled down. I've just bought a Panagor 1:1 macro adaptor to use with the OM 50/3.5 so will see what impact that has on the results.

All feedback/critique appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Nebbs

Stunning shots, i have the nex 5 also great little camera but never experimented with macro's...you may have just inspired me to do so!

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Thanks Simon And Nebbs. The NEX is a great body for Macro and the wealth of manual glass available. I'm using an OM Zuiko lens at the moment but am also looking at longer lenses from Tamron etc. A friend of mine bought a new JJC hotshoe adaptor from a Chinese seller on Ebay last night to allow a flash trigger (or carefully balanced flashgun!) to be used on the NEX which will give more options to remotely trigger my flashguns. I'll see what it's like when it arrives :0)

Cheers
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom