Sony nex 5n advice

p1tse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Where can I pick one up from and how much should I be paying for one with standard lens and flash?

Not sure what the 6 or 7 does or doesn't do versus 5n, but I think the 5n is fine for what I'm looking for.

Will be looking to replace my Olly xz-1

As a 5N owner I'd agree that it's a nice camera but it sounds like you really need to read a bit more about the NEX range and the features of the various cameras. If I was buying a NEX today I'd probably be looking at the 6 to get a proper view finder and inbuilt flash as the clip on flash for the 5N is bulky and the accessory view finder for the 5N is expensive.

I use this website to follow camera and lens prices.

NEX System Price Comparison From CameraPriceBuster

The 5n has been replace by the 5r,you made be able to still pick one up s/h or some places might still have some stock left :)

Thanks.
S/h prices seem all over the place.

5r would be nice, but the 5n will still give good results, however unsure on its pricing, any ideas

Yes the 6 with inbuilt flash and viewfinder, but I have a dslr for viewfinder so this will just be a grab and go usage

If you're going through Tescos at all it may be worth having a look in their clearout section as I managed to pick up a 5N for £230 with the 18-55mm lens. Stock varies between stores so it's unlikely they have it hence recommending only having a look if you're in Tescos anyway.

I'd also check the Sony outlet as they have 5R's there for £349:

https://outlet.sony.co.uk/shop/NEX-Cameras/NEX-5/NEX5RKB.CE.A

There's no set second hand pricing, it's just going to be a case of what people are prepared to pay for the camera.

John

Thanks
Does the link above come with flash?
Did yours come with flash?

According to the specification that one from the Sony Outlet does come with a flash:

"Type: External flash (supplied) attachable to Smart Accessory Terminal"

Mine came with a flash as well.

John

Thanks.
£350 says saving of £230, but john lewis sell this for £450 ish I think

The saving they've mentioned will be from RRP which most retailers are unlikely to charge, £420 seems to be the going price for a 5R with the 18-55mm so £350 is still a reasonable saving. They have just finished a promotion code though for 10% off and I think there was one just before that as well so if they release another that would take another chunk off the price.

John

The saving they've mentioned will be from RRP which most retailers are unlikely to charge, £420 seems to be the going price for a 5R with the 18-55mm so £350 is still a reasonable saving. They have just finished a promotion code though for 10% off and I think there was one just before that as well so if they release another that would take another chunk off the price.

John

Where do I find out about discount codes and does it apply to outlet too?

The discount codes apply to the outlet, I don't think there's a current one - I found them through HotUKDeals - Deals, Discounts & Voucher Codes such as here:

Sony NEX cameras (Sony outlet - refurbished with 12m warranty). e.g. NEX-6 with 16-50 kit lens £449.10, plus Quidco - Hot UK Deals

That code has expired I believe, the one before that was around Mother's day which is why I think there may be another but I might be completely wrong plus stock in the outlet store is not guaranteed either.

John

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom