1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Needs Replaced

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Chaos Star, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Jan 9, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Got a cheap sony head unit as a present a year and half ago and it seems to have died. The unit keeps switching its self on and off.

When it switches itself off I can here the amp clippping as its cheap (think its been damaged as i drive around with my tunes as loud as possible before the speakers distrort), I dont think its worth fixing.

My questions is it worth buying a medium range unit, even though Im using the speakers fitted by the car manufacturer.

If I will find no improvement as Im suspecting as the speakers are buckshee, whats the reccomendations for a budget unit at a good price (model and where to get best deals) that will last better than the Sony. Had a cheap Blupunk and it never let me done in 5 years of heavy use.

My cars a Mk3 Golf Gti with 8 VW speakers as standard (any adice from someone with same car would be very much appreciated).