SONY - NC11A -Are all noise cancelling earphones like this?

pcookie

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife managed to get me a pair of Sony NC11A noise cancelling headphones for £40 to use with my i-pod. After trying them out, I've reached the following conclusions:
1). In a quite environment they are no better then the standard i-pod headphones.
2). In a stable noisy environment (i.e. On a train, tube , car etc) they are better than the ipod phones as they do isolate the sound considerably.
3). On foot outside they are worse than the ipod phones because you can hear the thump thump of your feet as you walk, therefore distracting from the music.

So do all noise cancelling phones suffer the walking problem? Should I keep the sonys, or ditch them (wife said she can return them if they are not suitable) for the likes of Shure?

Any comments gratefully received

cookie

I've yet to try noise cancelling headphones but in the short while I've taken more of an interest in headphone technology it would seem that "features" such as wireless, surround and noise cancelling can't beat good quality stereo headphones pound for pound.

So from that you may want to look at plug style earphones from Shure and Etynomics.

Cheers,

Dunedin

You could get some E2c's for £40 delivered from the US; see seller wind130 on eBay. I think you'd be hard-pushed to do better than them for £/performance. I wear mine when I mow the lawn with a petrol mower; they're better than the ear-defenders I used to wear in the engine room as an engineer in the Merchant Navy.

NC11A :thumbsdow
These phones are OVER PRICE!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom