1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony mz nh1

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by P.A. 1, Mar 25, 2005.

1. P.A. 1

P.A. 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Large vinyl record collection. Can these be transferred from my hifi system to the minidisc player.If it can be done, please tell me how to do it.
    Thank in advance For your help
    Pete.

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yes you can... but the big question would be why? You're going to a proprietary compressed audio format.

Better off recording on a PC to... say FLAC (Lossless compression), or even as a 24-bit, 96khz file (although that would required lots of storage). There's some evidence out there to suggest that the 'analogness' of good records can be transferrred more convincingly using 24/96.

What you'd need is a preamp of some sort depending on your record deck, a decent soundcard on your PC and some software.

3. milomind

milomind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. I am getting ready to do this to my (and about thirty other peoples') record collections. You need a wav recorder program with some noise reduction settings, like Audio Forge, proper cables from the turntable to your line-in on the sound card, and some serious patience. If you want do do it directly, just hook it up directly to the line in on your MD from the line-out on the turn table and track mark the songs manually. I'm from Louisville, Ky so I have some original Slint 7"s begging to be put to digital.