Sony Multiregion Hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by swarrans, Apr 12, 2003.

1. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched these forums and discovered that in theory one can use a Palm Pilot plus OmniRemote plus some downloadable codes to make some of the later Sony DVD players multiregion.

However, it seems a little hit and miss, so I wondered if anyone knows the answer to these questions before I try it:-
    1. Will the trial version of OmniRemote work, or do you have to buy it?
    2. If it doesn't make the player multiregion (like it hasn't seemed to for others), is there ANY risk that it might stop the player working altogether?

Obviously, if I can use the free (trial) version of OmniRemote AND there's no risk I'll give it a try, but if not I'll probably go for one of the more "mainstream" ways of upgrading to multiregion.

Ta

Simon

2. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I tried the Omniremote codes probably 50-100 times over a period of 3 weeks with my Palm m505.

It didn't do any harm at all, but it didn't make the machine multiregion either.

I got the remote from dvdchips, press a button and it worked, first time. In my opinion, the Omniremote solution is a hoax, I am reasonably technical, did everything as it said (and other "recommended" solutions) and even sitting in front of the machine with the palm a few inches from the IR receiver it didn't work.

Save yourself the time and effort, go straight to dvdchips...

James

3. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks James, that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for - I agree with you, it's just not worth the time spent if there's little or no chance of it working.
    I'm surprised no-one has "reversed engineered" the dvdchips remote hack or the official Sony one though (presumeably it's not as simple as just "learning" the ir stream).

Thx

Simon

4. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Plenty of people have used the OR hack without difficulty. Did you double up the keystrokes like some have done, James ? I think there's a definitive guide up at vcdhelp.

Mike.

5. ronancoll

ronancoll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :(

Tried everything, didn't work for me, but hey didn't cost me anything either.

7. mr spock

mr spock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all how do i make a Sony DVD DVP-NS330 multiregion.

Cheers

Chris

8. skinboots

skinboots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin:
    Chris, two ways.
    either you follow the exact instructions at www.videohelp.com ( find the hack posted under dvp-ns330 by maca5631 from 15.2.2004; I always use a URC 7562 ); I've tested it and it works a treat. No need for computers or programs, just five simple codes!
    Or you buy a Remote for 22 pounds (incl. shipping) from www.dvdchips.co.uk; you can only use it once, but it works. I've used the company in the past, and they are first rate and you can trust them.
    The above hack works with very little variations for ALL Sony-players from their NS-range.
    regards
    erntebrot

9. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This works easily if you have a lappie with infrared ....