1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Multichanger "jukebox" players.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by KBDVD, Mar 18, 2003.

1. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All, :hiya:

Does anyone know what Sony's position is on these players now?

I have 2 Region 1 DVP-CX850D's (200 disc) & 2 Region 1 DVP-CX 860's (301 disc) players and have found them to perform without a fault. I have also been very happy with the PQ that they produce.

The thing is, there doesn't appear to be a multichanger model in Sony's present line up......... A big shame as far as I'm concerned!

I believe that a DVP-CX875P (301 disc) Progressive output model was released in the States, (I'm unsure if it's still available mind you) and was slated to appear over here, but to my knowledge it was never released.

So what's the story?.... weren't they selling?.....anyone know?

I had been hoping against hope for a 401 disc model in 2003/2004, (as Sony produce a 401 disc CD Multichanger) but it would now seem that this isn't going to happen! :(

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    The 875p is certainly still available over there. People always say that the no-show here is to do with PAL progscan but I've no idea whether that's a guess or not (i.e., doesn't affect other maker's releasing players with similar spec, bar the changer).

My 860 is a flawless performer too :)

Mike.