1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Minidisc Deck Problem?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gekko, Jul 29, 2002.

1. gekko

gekko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HAVE AN ANNOYING PROBLEM WITH MY SONY MDS-JE520 MINIDISC DECK.
    WHILE TRYING TO RECORD A CD (ALTERNATIVE EIGHTIES) ON TO A NEW BLANK MINIDISC THE AUTOMATIC TRACK MARKING STARTS TO GO WILD!
    IT MARKS AROUND 20 TRACKS ON THE DISPLAY AFTER ONLY 40 SECONDS OR SO OF RECORDING THE FIRST TRACK FROM THE CD?
    THIS ONLY SEEMS TO HAPPEN WITH THIS ONE CD.
    I HAVE RECORDED OTHER CDS AND THE TRACK MARKING WORKS FINE.
    I AM AWARE THAT SOME CDS HAVE NO GAP BETWEEN THE TRACKS AND THE MINIDISC PLAYER WOULD MARK IT AS ONE TRACK ONLY, BUT THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE PROBLEM?

I HAVE OWNED THE SONY PLAYER FOR 3 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTILL NOW.
    ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
    THANKS.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    is this a "multi-media" cd ?
    I have a korn CD which has about 13 1 second tracks at the begining according to the cd drive on my computer, yet when i put it into my hifi cd it starts playing at track 14 but calls it track 1 (I probably didn't explain that well!). Try putting it into your computer and look at the track listing to see if there are any strange tracks that shouldn't be there.
    Otherwise I've no idea - I have 3 mini-disk decks and haven't had this kind of problem