Sony mhc v13 vs LG xboom on7

Paul7777x

The Tibo Smart Streamer will do a good job for your requirements indeed.

I’ve never heard one of their CD players but it is a bargain price and brand new so it has to be a consideration.

Pair with any of the active speakers above you’ll definitely get the sound you need.

The Denon is a small room moderate volume ‘lifestyle’ system and as such I’m sure it’s very good.

But, again, for your requirements, that is plenty of solid, high quality bass and serious volume, it’s just not the thing at all.

And I wouldn’t ignore the Douk Audio preamp above. They are very good. Nothing to do with the older type Chinese copies of dubious origin and distinction.

They are a serious audio company. I’m using one of their converters now into a £2000 amp and £3500 speakers. They are first class stuff for a bargain price.

But as you’d prefer a matched pair cd and preamp then the Tibo pair are about as good as it gets for your budget, and along with good active speakers I’m sure you’ll be delighted.

Certainly in an entirely different class from the Awia.

Paul7777x

Pps, if you want to keep the budget down so you can buy proper speakers, and you have a dvd or Blu-ray player you could use either as a CD player into the Tibo or Douk, leaving more of your cash for speakers.

booey1

Thanks for all you help. I've gone for the Tibo Smart streamer, Tibo CD player and Tannoy Reveal 802s. Its sounds like a bad radio channel though :-(

Any ideas?

(Audio file attached)

Attachments

• Audio fail.zip
    146.1 KB · Views: 6

Paul7777x

Thanks for all you help. I've gone for the Tibo Smart streamer, Tibo CD player and Tannoy Reveal 802s. Its sounds like a bad radio channel though :-(

Any ideas?

(Audio file attached)

That seems unlikely if set up correctly.

Have you a couple of photos of the layout and connections?

Ps, I can’t open the file, but that wouldn’t help much anyway.

booey1

Thanks. Okay. I've now got sound without noise which is great. I just need to figure out how to get the volume to work. It's just stuck at very high, regardless of how much I turn the dial :-(

booey1

Are you using the line out phonos and not the preamp outputs by any chance?
The preamp apparently has two identical line outs and one is weirdly fixed at 70% volume. Anyway all sorted now.

Ordered two speakers separately from Germany to avoid Brexit tax. Got a new opened CD player on the cheap. All in all came in at £475.

It's suitably overpowered and it's crystal clear in comparison to anything I've had before. I'm listening to well worn songs and hearing sounds I never knew where there! It's amazing.

Thank you Paul!

Attachments

• 20210422_195926.jpg
    20210422_195926.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 6

Paul7777x

The preamp apparently has two identical line outs and one is weirdly fixed at 70% volume. Anyway all sorted now.

Ordered two speakers separately from Germany to avoid Brexit tax. Got a new opened CD player on the cheap. All in all came in at £475.

It's suitably overpowered and it's crystal clear in comparison to anything I've had before. I'm listening to well worn songs and hearing sounds I never knew where there! It's amazing.

Thank you Paul!

Good news! I’m pleased you’re happy.

It’s not that difficult to get very fine music on a budget. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom