Sony Medium Format Rumour

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(SR3) Rumor about a medium format Sony surfaces (again) | sonyalpharumors

Also Photorumors got word (reliable?) on a Sony medium format camera coming the coming 12 months. Nothing new as this rumor is floating on the web since months now (see article here). My sources once told me the Sony medium Format Camera is a sort of digital Mamiya 7 (here on eBay). But the camera should look better and be smaller. So here are the specs/details rumored so far:

– Fixed lens RX camera
– Zeiss prime (35mm FF equivalent)
– 50 megapixel sensors (same used by new Hasselblad/PhaseOne/Pentax medium formats)
– Built-in EVF
– Smaller and cheaper(!) than any other medium format cameras out there. It’s cheaper than the new Pentax 645

All we know from recent interviews is that Sony said such a camera “is possible” to make for Sony and they also stressed to say that they have unique innovative products to come in 2015. Let’s hope this one is one of them!

If only!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
That can join the Fuji MF camera rumour then. Any of them can make a MF camera, lets see if any of them actually do!

… btw I also think its possible that I might/can/possibly/consider/who knows make a MF camera in the future. It might have a 100MP sensor and it might be smaller than other cameras, who knows/pigs fly/snowballs chance in hell.

… btw I also think its possible that I might/can/possibly/consider/who knows make a MF camera in the future. It might have a 100MP sensor and it might be smaller than other cameras, who knows/pigs fly/snowballs chance in hell.

Ooooo keep me updated :D

Id be happy to offer you a pre order for a non refundable fee.

I've already go too much money tied up in other pre-orders at the moment :(

- actually waiting for an Oculus Rift dev kit 2 :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom