Sony media remote application

jonny96

Standard Member
Just got my new KDL46nx720 and very pleased with it. Really want to use the Internet features so want a proper keyboard. Downloaded the sony media app which lets you control your tv with smart phone, Ipad etc. I've connected it to my wireless network, which is the same network my iPad and iPhone are on. I followed the instructions and when the iPad or iPhone try to search for the tv they find nothing. The router I'm using is a Belkin play router, not adsl. Fibre optic from the wall to the router, then distributed. Can anyone give me advice on how to check the router settings to make the iPhone/iPad find the tv?? Not very good when it comes to routers/IP address etc!

Thanks in advance

NX3

It should just find the set if the set is on (obviously). I've not changed any settings and it just works (I use Android version but that's irrelevant)

nacmacfeegle

Distinguished Member
As long as your Iphone and Blu ray/Tv are on the same network they should see each other automatically, not at home right now, but try going into settings on the app and making sure you have selected your telly/player, as it defaults to a demo player....I think.:)

gmp

I've got a sony n100 streamer and have registered itouch as remote for that and sony bray player. For each you need to go into settings and allow access permission for itouch to control them. Your tv could be different and you may have already tried? Could be as simple as going into your router settings and enabling/changing upnp settings?

kjshanef

Cant Get this to work with Sony BDPs480.

480 wired to router connected to BT Home Hub 3 via powerline adaptors. IP address on same subnet as Iphone which is connected to the Home Hub WiFi.
When I try to register devices cannot find each other. I've checked UPnP is enabled, and disabled the Extended UPnP security. Still no Dice. Pulling my hair out as this would make the facebook and Webbrowser usable.
Any body seen and solved this?

next010

Distinguished Member
DLAN/UPnP support among routers can be buggy, if you have another router spare or can borrow one temporarily I would try that and see if the problem persists. No fixed IP's either everything should be running off the DHCP server.

kjshanef

Unfortunately, I've lent my spare router out. Using the Home Hub3 upstairs, that's connected to an old o2 box downstairs via powerline adaptors. The o2 box acts as a 4 way Ethernet switch for my bluray player, Wii, and an aiport express in my media centre. DHCP server is the Home Hub.

next010, I think you're correct in assuming it's the router I was just wondering if there was a workaround. Perhaps assigning the bluray or iphone to a DMZ. With the amount of people out there with Home Hubs, I thought this problem would be more apparent, but I can't find anything on the web about it.

kjshanef

Tried lots of different combinations and what seems to be the problem is:

When connected physically to the Home Hub 3, the Sony blue Ray player cannot be detected by the Sony Media remote app running on an Iphone connected wireless to the Home Hub.

When the Blu ray player is connected wirelessly, no problem but switch to a physical connection and it goes dark.

Problem is that I need to connect the player via a physical connection to get the bandwidth I need for streamed media.

Is this just a problem I'm having, or is anyone else seeing this?

rhustle

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got the same problem as kjshanef with my BT Home Hub, powerline adaptors, and a Blu Ray player that is wired into the network. The Sony Media Remote cannot identify the Blu Ray player.

Has anyone solved this?:lease:

kjshanef

Hi,

I've got the same problem as kjshanef with my BT Home Hub, powerline adaptors, and a Blu Ray player that is wired into the network. The Sony Media Remote cannot identify the Blu Ray player.

Has anyone solved this?:lease:
Just updated my iphone app, now there seems to be no problem with connecting to the bluray player

medmond

Standard Member
I cannot get this working on my BDe380 blu ray player and BT home hub 3 - I have re-downloaded the app, put the blu ray player in the DMZ, updated the BluRay player firmware all to no avail! Any help greatly received!

ROZ

Standard Member
Works fine with my 580, but you do need to be on the same network. I've got 2 WLANs so I've got to be careful. What if your iPhone is on WLAN but your player is wired; does it count as the same network?

Problem I have is that the keyboard will not work - it says that it's not able to "download" text???

NX3

You can only use the keyboard once you've entered on screen (the tv screen) a text box. This is a tiny bit confusing but you get use to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom