Sony Media Player SMP-N200

Dougal25

Standard Member
The bbciplayer is not working on the above player,i also cannot connect with media sharing from my xperia arc because it fails to recognise it plus the media remote i downloaded on my phone does not connect :confused:

Help :lease:

next010

Distinguished Member
Given the range of problems your having it sounds like there is some underlying network issue.

How is the player connected to the network wired or wireless, if wireless try connecting it temporarily via wired to your network router.

If your already on wired does the router have some sort of firewall built in that might be blocking the network traffic.

Dougal25

Standard Member
Given the range of problems your having it sounds like there is some underlying network issue.

How is the player connected to the network wired or wireless, if wireless try connecting it temporarily via wired to your network router.

If your already on wired does the router have some sort of firewall built in that might be blocking the network traffic.

Its wireless. I had the 100 originally and every thing worked fine with that.

Love film and 5 on demand work ok with the 200. Although i have a new router since exchanging to the 200, its the fibre optic talktalk one. Could the problem be with that, although every thing else seems to work with it, except the issues i posted about. :confused:

Dougal25

Standard Member
Iplayer working now after an update today. My phones media server has registered on the media player now but keeps saying it cant start the server :(

next010

Distinguished Member
Did connecting via wired not produce any different results ?

DLNA is a very broken standard there is the possibility that it N200 is not able to read the DLNA server on the Xperia. Try installing Serviio on your PC and see if the N200 connects to that normally. Be sure to apply the N100 profile to the IP address in the Serviio control panel, just click the "generic DLNA profile" text to change it.

NX3

I think he's saying the phone app is a problem. I'd suggest on your phone (its android) using Skifa as your DLNA controller app and as next010 says use Serviio. It has very good support for Sony and I know from the Serviio forums they are doing further work on the SMP-N200.

Dougal25

Standard Member
I couldnt hard wire it because i dont have a long enough ethernet cable:(

When i tried connecting again yesterday i done a Network Diagnostic on the Sony media player and it said it could not find the server ip address :confused:

Went into a local Sony store today (Where my friend is a manager) and clicked on share contents on my Connected services App and it found all the Bravias in the store that were on my friend connected up to one of them and my phones media worked perfectly with them.

So it seems to be a router problem:(

Is there anywhere in my router settings that would cure the problem :lease:

Dougal25

Standard Member
I think he's saying the phone app is a problem. I'd suggest on your phone (its android) using Skifa as your DLNA controller app and as next010 says use Serviio. It has very good support for Sony and I know from the Serviio forums they are doing further work on the SMP-N200.

Downloaded Serviio on to my pc and it shows up on the smp also downloaded Skifta but that doesent show up :( :lease:

NX3

Not familiar with the router, a quick google seems to suggest its a TalkTalk free router ? I think its the same one my sister had from TalkTalk, they had to buy a real router in the end.

Dougal25

Standard Member
Not familiar with the router, a quick google seems to suggest its a TalkTalk free router ? I think its the same one my sister had from TalkTalk, they had to buy a real router in the end.

Yea its the one they supplied me with when i took fibre optic with them :(
You would still think that it would be able to stream media via my phone though, maybe i should give them a ring:confused:

Dougal25

Standard Member
They offer d-link routers with wifi n if you push them :)

Rang technical help today,told me to try a couple of things to help solve it,never worked so rang them back, different guy said problem was out of their scope and because the router was working ok they wouldn't replace it,:( Told me to google up advice on port forwarding :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom