1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony MDR-J20 Earphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Ekko Star, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Was shopping around for some earphones and found these vertical in ear phones.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT..._Headphones&CategoryName=acc_Headphones_h.ear

Got them in a white (but they do them in black & silver finish) they sit vertically inside the ear and have a lovely soft (very soft and flexible) rubber hanger to sit over your ear. Personally I hate those contraptions headphones come with to clip over your ear, very obtrusive and awkward to get on and off. These are very discreet slip on the ear types. Once on, you are oblivious to wearing them unlike MANY others. Extremely comfortable and secure.

They have Neodymium drivers and sound truly excellent. For earphones the provide an astounding depth of bass. This is probably because they are of a vertical style that sit quite deep within your ear, not quite noise cancelling fit of course but deep nevertheless.

I commute everyday on the trains and I haven't found any headphones that drown out all that background noise and still be capable of delivering the sounds that these things can. For once I played Fleetwood Mac The Chain and was able to hear the full song, not just the 2nd half but the first half as well, on the train !

The ones you get with the Ipod I thought were reasonable but these Sony's blow them clean out of the water.

I have to say I am very impressed, comfort, sound quality and tonal range, especially when you consider they are well under £20.....to think I went into the shop especially to buy the £100 Sony Noise cancelling ones, just as well I didn't !

Worth looking out for.... :thumbsup: