Sony MDR-HW700DS wireless headphones support 4K passthrough and 9.1 Channel Audio

I got the last years modell a japan import with 7.1 and 3D pasthrought ... Can hook up 4 wireless headphones to the base unit (bought exstra) . Sound is crisp n clear with deep bass, on jurassic park 3D the trex roar was incredible...he sounded that he was right infront of my face.
Battery life charged up is 18hours on 2013 on thes new 2014 12hours...
30meter range and signal pass through walls.

No hizz no sound dropouts.

Happy Sony finally brings these out to eu as the system is a good alternative for a surround system for people (like me) that cant cranck up the sound as loud as u want on movies. If i get a 4k tv im upgrading to the 4k system..

Last edited:
Quick facts they turn on when placed on head.
They auto turn off when u take em off after a while.
Soft light weight headphones (over the ear)
3hdmi in to the base unit 1hdmi out to tv.
Optical input
Additional headphones can be bought n synced up max 4
Sound settings ,hdmi select, volume all buttons on the headphones.

Last edited:
look great; difficult to tell just how good the sound might be. But I love the idea of being able to submerse into a film without disturbing the neighbours. In a perfect world, I'd live in a detached house not a flat. So these might give that sound I've been wanting.

look great; difficult to tell just how good the sound might be. But I love the idea of being able to submerse into a film without disturbing the neighbours. In a perfect world, I'd live in a detached house not a flat. So these might give that sound I've been wanting.

Check out the avs forum tread on the 2013 n 2014 Sony surround headphone system loads of answers there.

Out in Japan before xmas ebay has loads

Very tempted to get these for those late night movies and gaming sessions but not at around £600 (£300 maybe).

Currently using the Sennheiser RS 180, which do a more than good enough job but being open cans they leak too much noise and it distracts the Mrs when she's working so closed cans are a must.

Just got myself an Astro Mixamp 5.8 and about to invest in some AKG K550s to hook them up to so these will do until the MDR-HW700DS see a big price reduction.

A couple of reviews online are very favourable so hopefully the wait won't be too long!

Thanks, do you think the older models will also?

Very tempted to get these for those late night movies and gaming sessions but not at around £600 (£300 maybe).

Currently using the Sennheiser RS 180, which do a more than good enough job but being open cans they leak too much noise and it distracts the Mrs when she's working so closed cans are a must.

Just got myself an Astro Mixamp 5.8 and about to invest in some AKG K550s to hook them up to so these will do until the MDR-HW700DS see a big price reduction.

A couple of reviews online are very favourable so hopefully the wait won't be too long!

600 more 250

I'm sure I read that £600 was the RRP though I can't recall where I saw it now, if I did at all!

The conversion rates on eBay put them at around the £270 price mark so £250-300 is good with me.

Have you got any evidence that they'll be around £250 as if so I'll hold off buying the AKGs and will sell the Astro Mixamp on to a friend.

Got the 7500 myself atm

Who did you use to import yours what about taxes etc?

Think I'll wait and see what UK suppliers price them at as opposed to buy them direct from Japan for piece of mind.

Release date supposedly 16th April but whether I can hold out on buying the AKGs before then will be difficult.

I think the 2014 one has a onscreen menye vs the 7500 that dont so English texst is prob worth paying more for.

Plusses is a total wireless solution u can add more headphones for ur family or friends.
Sound is best on movies and gamez use dts 7.1 settings myself.
On music its not to great sound more flat.

Happy with the 7500 never missed a beat or sound dropped out but since the new ones is 4k pasthrough ill get those aswell just for the 4k part sound as i read is the same.

Got 2 headphones charge one n use one so i never run out of battery

How easy are they to connect other Devices to vaktmestern as I've currently got my Xbox One, Sky HD box and Bluray player connected to my Marantz AV Receiver, all via HDMI?

Yes u got 3 hdmi in to the base unit and one out to ur tv. Really easy to use and set up.
U got a source botton on ur headphone u can swich sources with or press hdmi buttons on the base unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom