Sony MDR-G72 versus...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Jolsa, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Jolsa

Jolsa
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've been using my Sony MDR-G72s for a number of years now, and recently decided to "upgrade" and get hold of a pair of PX 100 - considering the unanimous good reviews for this model.

Did my own test, and to be honest I found my old Sonys have the better sound. The bass is more slightly more defined and tight on the PX100s, but listening to a wide range of songs I found the vocals to be slightly flat on the PX100s. Overall I was quite surprised - I was expecting the PX100s to blow my old Sonys away, however concerning vocal range, my Sonys reproduce it much better.

I'd be interested in what the general concensus was for the Sony MDR-G72 (although I appreciate this is going back a few years), as comparing the sound quality to the PX100s it comes across to me that they must have been quite a highly rated model?

Not sure whether to give the AKG K24P model a go, or just sellotape up my now ageing Sonys and enjoy them for as long as is possible!

2. Jolsa

Jolsa
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or at least any opinions on the AKG k24p model would be helpful :)