1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony MDR-EX71 Problems

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by wilto, Jun 7, 2005.

1. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/202-3578873-0967852

i bought these about a week and a half ago, to go with my Sony NW-HD5.

I have had to send the HD5 back because of the major fault with the buttons that crack, therefore ive not really used them that much.

Yesterday i noticed while listening to music on the pc that the right earphone has gone really quiet. I've read up on all the reviews saying that they are really unreliable and break easily.

I'm really cheesed off at Sony - payed £26 for them - hardly used and they break on me after minimal use.

So just wondering is there anything i can do to try and get the right earphone to work without having to send them back and get a new pair. :( :thumbsdow

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try swapping round the buds to different ears to see whether its a earphone problem or a wax problem...believe me , it happened to me, got rid of the wax and it was fine :clap: and i mean wax in your ear, not your earphone
    Other thing to try of course is make sure youve got them in properly as the 'seal' will dictate the sound your receive in your ear, if its loose, it will sound quiter and a little tinny :rolleyes:

Ive had a pair for 5 years and had no problems, Ive only just upgraded to E2c as im sick of the design by having the two earphones connected to one cable which always makes them drop out easily :suicide: