• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony MDR-EX700 phones for X Series Walkman?

tinturkey

Standard Member
Hi,
I have spent the last couple of days searching the internet and phoning different Sony Centres and I just can't find the correct "reliable" information and was hoping that some kind person on this forum might be able to put me right!

The question is as the title of the thread :-

I have just ordered a set of Sony MDR-EX700 in ear headphones (which should arrive tomorrow) and was wondering if the in-built noise cancelling on the X Series 32GB WM will work with them? I thought they might be an improvement on the bundled headphones that come with the X Series.

I did read on one website that any EX Series headphone will work with the noise cancelling? It would be nice to have a bit more re-assurance!!

If anyone does know could you please let me know! Obviously, if the noise cancelling doesn't work with the EX700's I shall have to return them.

Thanks.

Steven

Senior Moderator
I believe only bundled headphones are compatible with the NC feature build into the various Sony DAPs with the feature

Of course, using an IEM with passive noise cancelling is infinitely better than active noise cancelling with electronic noise circuitry. Think 'ear-plugs'. A search of posts in the headphone section will explain

I would say though some have opined Sony's IEM efforts do not sit as deep as the traditional manufacturers; Westone, Shure, UE, Etymotic

JayKay1967

Established Member
Tinturkey,

I own both.

I can 100% confirm that the noise cancellation feature of the X series does NOT work with theses high end sony phones.

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom