• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony MDR 1000x

connor1

Hi all, I have been looking at entering the headphone scene and the Sony's or Bose q35's are on my shortlist. I was about to take the plunge on the Sony's but started seeing quite a few issues with the headband cracking and Sony not really accepting the issue. Any fellow owners of the Sony's had any similar issues? It's quite a well documented problem. Other than that I don't think there is much in it between the two. Cheers.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I've had a pair of the Sony's for the last 6 months, no creaking, build quality is superb.
I don't think it's a big deal now, I suspect it was early models that possibly had a problem.

Loki808

Love mine, had no problems so far but am fully aware of the cracking issue and treat them like a new born baby, thankfully they sound a lot better than the above.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom