1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony LS60 geometry problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BigB@dJ@y, Feb 26, 2003.

1. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had some slight geometry changes to make on my 32LS60 after checking with AVIA. I used the Widescreen enhanced test patterns (with TV in Widescreen mode) and corrected them. The Sky movies widescreen picture in widescreen mode looks great but when I view any other channel in 4:3 the picture is stretched (so the sides are missing), off centre etc.
    So I selected 4:3 mode and put the TV in standby.
    Entered the Service menu and made the adjustments to the 4:3 picture...great I thought...pressed 00 and put Sky movies Widescreen on.....Widemode automatically kicks in but the picture is too small!?! and off centre.
    I thought the service menu just saved the settings for the screen mode the TV was in when you put it in standby, but it seems to affect all modes?!?!
    Would switching "Autoformat" off and selecting the desired mode, then entering service menu, be the answer??

If anybody with a Sony KV-32LS60 could give me their geometry and panorama settings in 4:3 and Wide modes, so I can compare, I'd be eternally grateful :blush:

BBJ

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BigB@dJ@y,

There is no point in someone doing this because all TVs will have different geometry settings.

I've never hit "00" on the remote to exit the service menu, I just press the Menu button on the remote and then switch to standby.

You can set only a couple of the 4:3 and Smart mode parameters separately on the LS60 (can't remember which ones, I don't go into the service menu on my set anymore), the rest apply universally to all the modes. BTW, switching the TV to the mode you want and then adjusting the parameters is the way to do it.

Not sure what you've done to your set to make the picture too small, but if it's off centre, that's easily fixed with the horizontal alignment setting.

You can find out what most of the service mode options do at:

http://home.freeuk.net/kv32tweak/main.html

3. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Managed to sort it now, using Auto format "Off"
    Adjusted in 4:3 mode then check all the others and there are now fine

Thanks fo the reply though :D

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always had Auto Format "off" :D

5. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can you tell me how to change the horizontal alignment on a 32"LS60? I've set up the set as previously advised using the THX Optimode, but the section where there is a circle in a rectangle box, the left hand side of the box goes off screen so I need to shift this to the right slightly.

Cheers

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're using RGB, you can do it in the regular user menu.

7. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everything is connected via scart, DVD and satellite. Does this mean I should connect using RGB sort it then reconnect scart?

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scart is the cable. RGB is the signal.

Set your DVD player to output RGB and then adjust. Then set your digibox to output RGB and adjust. It remembers the RGB centering settings for AV1 and AV2 separately :)

9. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one Squirrel, I'll give that a go this weekend cheers!!

10. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this is well known, but just HOW do I get into the service menu on the LS60 ? I have a pin cushioning effect that is only really apparent on black/dark screens but I'd lokve to tweak it out.....