1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony LS60 and digibox

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by paperclip21, Sep 21, 2002.

1. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a Sky digibox connected by Scart to a Sony xxLS60?

I'd like confirmation that the TV responds correctly to the Scart pin 8 signal i.e. switches between 16:9 and 4:3 modes as you change between anamorphic and non-anamorphic channels.

Thanks.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Pace DTTV box connected by scart to my LS60 and it switches between anamorphic and non-anamorphic correctly. I presume a Sky digibox would be the same with pin 8?

If you prefer Smart mode for 4:3 material, then you're probably best to turn off the Auto Formatting in the Detail Set Up menu as when this is on, the TV will always revert to 4:3 for 4:3 material (it will always switch to wide for 16:9 material though).

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Worth remembering that most Sky stuff is shown in 4:3, so look out for prog's specifically listed as WS to get an idea.

4. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Squirrel God,

Does your Pace box use line 23 switching, though?

If so, it's not a straightforward comparison, because AFAIK line 23 is not supported by a digibox.

Might be worth pointing out that I haven't actually got one of these TVs (yet!)

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what pin my Pace digibox uses to switch - I've checked the manual but there's nothing in there... sorry :(

Maybe you could email Pace and ask them. If they say it uses pin 8 then you know it'll deffo work with the Sky box :)

6. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, need to do some more digging.

Thanks for looking, anyway. :)

BTW, line 23 switching isn't a separate Scart signal, it's part of the video signal, so it works even without a Scart connection.