Sony LCD TV

jimbob950

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, This is my first try in the forum so please bear with me. I am in the market for a new TV. I want a 32" version and models KDL-U2000 or KDL-32S2510.
Can anyone tell me of the experiences with these models. Also is the board used on the KDL-32S2510 better than the other model. Look forward to your interest.
Thank you

The S-Series LCD beats the U-Series model hands down. U-Series does not have the BRAVIA engine, and is pretty much as basic as you can get in the Sony range. Whilst the S-Series is a good LCD it would pay dividends to save a little bit more cash and buy the KDL32V2500 instead. This has a higher dynamic contrast ratio with ACE and also has Live Color Creation.

The S-Series LCD beats the U-Series model hands down. U-Series does not have the BRAVIA engine, and is pretty much as basic as you can get in the Sony range. Whilst the S-Series is a good LCD it would pay dividends to save a little bit more cash and buy the KDL32V2500 instead. This has a higher dynamic contrast ratio with ACE and also has Live Color Creation.

Thanks very much.I will look at the model you recommend.

If the V-Series is out of your price range, then go for the S-Series instead.

Just out of interest what is your price range? (If you don't mind me asking)

My price range is up to £750. It is complicated by the fact that I have to purchase from Comet as I have £250 in vouchers to use from an insurance claim.
(I dropped my old TV, but before you think anything bad, it was a genuine accident!)

I see. Well if it has to be Comet you are buying from, then defiantly go for the KDL32S2510 or 2530 (same but in black):smashin:

or save a bit more,for the new S range thats due in Jun.............the 32" will have the live colour creation and 3 HDMI

the V range will be discon in June:smashin:

V range to be discontinued in June??????

I was just about to purchase a kdl-32v2500 - should I wait now? Has this model been out a long time?
Is this a very good lcd to buy? Chap in the shop raved about it and the demo was very impressive!

Any feedback welcome

or save a bit more,for the new S range thats due in Jun.............the 32" will have the live colour creation and 3 HDMI

Any other differences (or references)? Had just noticed that 32v2500 seemed to have dropped in price again....

TIA.

I've just bought the Sony KDL 32s2510 & I'm very impressed.

A bit too bright straight out of the box but after a few tweaks...WOW.

Even the missus thought it was awesome.

Everything comes through the SKY+ box so easy to set up and it took less than 2 mins.

Picture is excellent and viewing angle great,

Thanks for all the info sent in.I have ordered a KDL-32V2500. I looked at a set in Comet and the picture was superb. Now I am looking for a good DVD recorder with hard drive.

I am thinking of buying the KDL32V2500, as well. Is thee anywhere here where there are opinions on on-line shops?

I used Digital Point and service was quick and efficient. I have only used them to buy this model and have not needed any customer service. I am very happy with it apart from playing videos through it-the picture goes black periodically-dont know whyand no other forum members have been able to help. The price of this model has dropped-I paid £1030 in Feb and it is now £400 cheaper-wont tell the wife.

I am thinking of buying the KDL32V2500, as well. Is thee anywhere here where there are opinions on on-line shops?

Just got my Sony KDL-32V2500. Absolutely over the moon with it. Bought mine from 121 Electricals. Ordered over the Bank Holiday. They rang on Tuesday after the holiday confirming the order and advising I would get an e mail informing me of delivery. This arrived Wednesday and TV was delivered on Thursday. Cannot praise 121 Electricals too highly. A very smooth transaction and the very best news was that I saved £220 on current Comet price. Go for it!

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Costco currently have an offer on a Sony KDL32P2530U and I have tried googling the model to find a review. I can find similar models but not in the P series. "Which" magazine tested one similar model and it just scraped in as a best buy, but it was not the P series.

Can anyone tell me how the P series differs from the S and V series and whether this set is a good buy?

I am just about to return my samsung LE32R74BDX to Costco. It is my first flat screen TV and I love the picture however it suffers from from judder and blur problems in motion and the sound is pretty weak due to small downward facing speakers. I can take the Sony in exchange or they also have a Samsung LE32R87BDX XEU. My wife has seen both sets and I am now going on a reccy.

Jack

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom