Sony LCD Rear Pros

E

eurytus

Not sure where else this can go in the forum other than under DLP Rear Pros. My question is, how good are the Sony LCD's. I know that the big problem is that they do not accept component inputs or indeed HDMI. However that apart, using a RGB Scart is the picture good? My big concern with regards to them was about black levels but viewing it at Currys (even though the actual picture was awful due to their habit of advertising sets with the worst PQ possible) it was possible to see that black levels would be acceptable.

So, HD apart, what are they like. Worth a punt given that they are so cheap? I don't want to go with DLP rear pro due to rainbows.

eurytus said:
Not sure where else this can go in the forum other than under DLP Rear Pros. My question is, how good are the Sony LCD's. I know that the big problem is that they do not accept component inputs or indeed HDMI. However that apart, using a RGB Scart is the picture good? My big concern with regards to them was about black levels but viewing it at Currys (even though the actual picture was awful due to their habit of advertising sets with the worst PQ possible) it was possible to see that black levels would be acceptable.

So, HD apart, what are they like. Worth a punt given that they are so cheap? I don't want to go with DLP rear pro due to rainbows.

:hiya:

I have seen the 44' in action and yes it is good, but not a patch on DLP. Its also not HD ready or capable.

Try posting in the normal TV section of the forums for more info.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Good luck :thumbsup:

I know that DLP is great and I think that I do not suffer from rainbows, though I have not really had a long enough test session to know for sure.

But if I get a monster screen I don't want to worry that every person I show it to might not be able to stand watching it.

eurytus said:
I know that DLP is great and I think that I do not suffer from rainbows, though I have not really had a long enough test session to know for sure.

But if I get a monster screen I don't want to worry that every person I show it to might not be able to stand watching it.

:hiya:

If you have seen rainbows already then I would guess that you are one of the unlucky few how is not compatible with DLP technology. If you are going to get a display try and get a HD one. There are a few plasmas and lcd screens which are HD ready so look there. Buying a non HD display wouldnt be a good move. A bit like buying a 4:3 tv. Beleive me when I say this HD is well worth the extra cash.

I have only had one person that has seen the rainbow effect on my screen which is a small percentage. 1-2%

:thumbsup:

Moving to LCD TVs.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom