1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony LCD magenta shift...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by CableGuide, Aug 21, 2005.

1. CableGuide

Standard Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've had a sony KF 42SX200 for just over a year, and it's developed an intermitet fault where you'll be watching TV, be it DVD, NTL or playing Xbox, when suddenly the colours all flicker to magenta for a second. I had an engineer call out the other day, unfortunately i was on holiday, and all he did was say 'shifts to magenta? Try this' - and put the NTL box on to composite input. Needless to say this has done nothing to fix the problem. I have a very expensive warranty with Powerhouse who are meant to get something fixed within 14 days of the 1st engineer visit - however i guess they wont honour that until they admit there's a fault. Given the intermittent nature im unsure they're going to find it as you can watch TV for hours sometimes and get nothing, whilst other times it will do it having been only switched on for a minute.

Having worked for powerhouse i very much doubt the engineers are gonna watch the TV long enough to catch the problem unless im exceptionally lucky. Has anyone else had a similar problem with Sony, or indeed any LCD TV's and any idea what the problem might be and how to go about getting the engineers to fix it? Any help much appreciated!