1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Lcd Anybody?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by matthewjohnson, Oct 24, 2005.

1. matthewjohnson

matthewjohnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at the sony bravia range of tvs, and i am thinking about buying the KDLV32A12. i am nervous because it is a lot of cash, and although the hd demo i have seen on the tv is fantastic, the standard picture quality isnt that great. can anyone convince me to buy this tv, or indeed recommend an alternative.

thanks very much

2. mistrip

mistrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    There's a long thread about this range of TVs here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239231

Some people love it, some don't. I wasn't impressed with it at first but that was with a poor freeview signal, that makes all tvs look pretty bad. Having seen it with a decent feed though it looks better than i'd first thought so i will probably get one soon.

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Depending on what price you've seen it for, same money can buy you a 37" JVC DS6 or Sharp 37" GA6 or GD7 for not much more.
    Equally, should you hold off until next Feb/Mar, there'll be Benq's 37" full HD resolution TV by then, for similar money. 1920x1080 as opposed to 1366x768.
    Also gives you a bit more time to save some more towards it or any of the larger panels coming out.

4. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr Johnson, The 'S' series has a better picture, I think that the WEGA Engine is what the fault is with the V series. However, better screens are about..