• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony LCD 40 or 46 V or W 4000 or 4500

MartinImber

Established Member
Currently we have a 32" Wega and we sit 6 to 7.5 foot from it, we want a full 1080p HDTV which will be around 9 to 10 foot from us (nearer wall)

I have a lot of Sony kit, and like their new models.

I have notice the cheap sets are now 1080p.

I started looking when the current best buy was W2000.

Anyway how does V compare to W and W4000 compare to the new W4500, I tried to look in a local Sony centre but the manager rescued the Sales Man so I will NOT be buying there!

Needs

3 HDMI - already have 2 and will be getting Freesat HD when a PVR appears

Full 1080P

MartinImber

Established Member
What will you mainly be using the TV for,...

ie blu ray, SD Sky or HD Sky, football/golf, pc monitor, ps3 etc etc...

PS3 for games and BR, still have a lot of DVDs and a Pioneer DV575

Occasional PS2 and Wiiii for children

Use Freeview for TV mainly BBC C4 C5 and some ITV

Sport mainly motor racing

Got a BT Vision box and a Pace Twin

MartinImber

Established Member
Thinking of W4500 now - seen one in a Sony centre but the salesman was rescued before I could find much info. I will buy off the internet as I will not give them the trade now.

Just got to sort the size but now worried about clouding and the W4500 thread is too long for me to read.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
dont worry much about the clouding as its an lcd issue mainly and it can vary from set to set,and even if at first place it has,it can dissapear over time.About the size now,I think for this distance the 46" is a more ideal size

MartinImber

Established Member
W4500 on order from where I said I wouldn't buy it from!

Went in with wife and got £300 of extras

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom