Sony LCD 26" Vs. Any other LCD 26"

G

griffiths2005

I'm looking at purchasing a 26" LCD, like the sound of the Sony KDL-26T3000. Would like to know if this is the best of the Sony range for a 26" or if there is a better one out there and also does anyone know what is the best 26" LCD on the market at the moment!!!

ChrisGgr

Its the top 26" by sony.You cant find any better.The only one that competes the 26T3000 is Panasonic 26LXD70

G

griffiths2005

Thanks for that, how new a model is the Sony KDL-26T3000?

ChrisGgr

Its the latest arrival at 26"

Dorset Dave

I was looking to buy a 26" lcd in March and was all set to get the Sony until I found it only had the one HDMI socket and Sony were having a lot of problems with backlight bleeding into their screens. So I went for the Panasonic lxd 70 and boy I'm glad I did! It's brilliant. Superb SD picture through HDMI to V+ BOX and a stunning HD picture. With the 100hz panel no motion blur problems which bedevil so many other lcds. It looks great and is, for my money, the best 26" currently on the market. I don't if the Sony has more than one HDMI socket or 100 hz panel but even if it does it will be hard to beat the Panasonics which are really leading the way at the moment in sheer quality.

C

Calgon

I've just read a review on that Panasonic after reading the last post, one of the best pictures around and with some of the best motion handling, sounds like a good choice for what I want(gaming and movies... btw have an old Panasonic monitor and thinking about it, its served me well so Id have to say they are quite an underrated brand).

Thanks for the heads up Postmaster, have you tried the set for gaming?(any downsides?), I cant find any reviews on the Sony KDL-26T3000 though so if its worse or level with the Panasonic(do either of the sets have 10 bit processing or is it not as important on sets of this size?) it will come down to price obviously, which I can see the Panasonic fairing better there.

C

Calgon

Oh and If I want to sit about 3 feet away or less(at my desk) is it better to get a native 1080p set or is it still not needed on a set of this size?

ChrisGgr

No,of course,no.At this viewing distance the most appropriate is 26"

C

Calgon

Thanks, so to confirm you also stand by the "1080p would be a waste on this size set" rule too? Even at short veiwing distance(sorry if I was unclear are there many upcoming 26" sets that do have that as the native res?)

Right so Ive ruled out the Samsung R87, I think for now so its between these two(Sony and Panasonic) I'll have a look for some prices for the TX26LXD70 myself but does anyone know of any good deals on them as an example?

Dorset Dave

Hi Calgon. Don't know about the 10 bit processing and not into games. But for all round performance the LXD70 is a little beauty. However its down to personal choice in the end and there are a lot of sets out there to consider. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom