Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony Laptop to LCD TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by richjthorpe, Feb 22, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a Sony PCG-F801A LAptop connected to my Sharp 32GA3 LCD via VGA to DVI adaptor. Everything is working in so far as I can get a picture on the tv (Hurrah !)

The resolution of the laptop is 800x600 and selecting 1024x768 means you start scrolling around the screen. The TV is 1366x768.

At the moment, I have the primary monitor as the latop monitor at 800x600 and have 'Extended' the desktop to include the LCD TV which is on the second driver at 1024x768.

What I actually want is to have the LCD TV as the primary monitor at 1024x768 but without the scrolling. Also, I thought I would be able to close the laptop without it shutting down and keep the TV as the laptop monitor.

Can I do this ? If so, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Richie.