1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony laptop+panny5?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by satch, May 2, 2003.

1. satch

satch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,
    i have a problem setting up my sony vaio laptop with my panasonic plasma.

i recently brought a new lindy svga cable to go from the monitor port on the laptpop to my plasma,

the problem is that the picture seems to jump slightly every few seconds? i dont know if i have to change any settings on my laptop or there maybe a fault with the cable or tv?

the max resolution of the laptop is 1600x1200, do i need to change this?

please help!:suicide:

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Try brining the resolution of the laptop down, perhaps 1024x768.

There's also a utility called "Power Strip" which will allow you to customerise your laptop resoltion to match that of your screen. However, your plasma automatically adjusts the input siganl anyway!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    satch

According to the Panasonic tech spec you should be able to run 1600x1200 at 60hz - though as the good Dr suggests you may want to start lower down the output range to see if you still get the same issues.

Strangely enough I was having some fun and games on Thursday with a VAIO (not sure if you call it a laptop as it was tiny - about half the size of a normal laptop).

I was giving a group of would be presenters the low down on a new presentation system we have just installed (Fujitsu 61" plasma/Crestron Control/Kraemer VGA switch etc).

After four first time with no problem hooks ups to different flavours of PC someone arrived with the pint sized Sony and a huge break out connector with a VGA socket.

Hooked it up first time on its standard setting (1024x480) and we got an image but as you can imagine it looked pretty poor on the big Fujitsu. A quick right click on the desktop and we were into preferences and had the option of 1024x768 which was fine on the VAIO LCD but caused the Fujitsu to get very unhappy and displayed a completely garbled image.

As a presentation was due to take place in a few minutes and the VAIO was not required I never had time to get to the bottom of the problem - I'll get the call this week no doubt to go back up and have a play!

Best regards

Joe