1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KZ42TS1 plasma - screw holes at back very small for wall fixing

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rav1, May 29, 2005.

1. rav1

rav1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a universal wall bracket to mount my plasma -Sony KZ42TS1
    and find that the screw holes at back of plasma to be very small and doubt whether they could support the weight.Any comments/suggestions appreciated.Thanks

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi rav, welcome to the forums :)

Do you mean the holes in the plasma itself or the holes in the bracket for fixing to the wall?

The fixings in the plasma will be designed to take the weight of the screen (provided you use them all).

If it's the wall fixings you're worried about, post some more details about the type of wall and the fixings you're intending to use and we'll be able to help more.

3. rav1

rav1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Peridot
    I mean the holes at the plasma itself.They are approx.3mm dia screws (As per manual
    for anchoring to prevent from falling when used as table top) .The bracket pack came
    with various bolts ,the smallest being 6mm dia.The Channel which is to be fixed to the back of plasma has a slit of approx 9 mm .Though I could find washers to fix the channel to plasma I am concerned that 3mm screws(at 4 holes) may be too small to support the plasma

4. rav1

rav1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am desperate to find ways to hang my plasma any help?

5. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    rav1,

I would certainly be very concerned about the ability of 4 x 3mm screws to support a 42" plasma screen. I've got 6 x 4mm in mine on a desktop stand and wouldn't want any less.

Is that really all the fixing points that are available on the screen? I'm not at all familiar with Sony Plasmas. Hopefully someone that is will notice this thread and be able to advise better. Failing that, could you seek advice from wherever you bought the screen?