1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KZ-42TS1

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Was thinking of getting this screen mainly for the convenient connections available around the back of it. Just wondering if anyone knew for certain if this screen would except a P/Scan signal (PAL/NTSC) through the component sockets.

Regards,

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i was returning my dvd player to debenhams they were trying to hook one of these plasma `s up with a lecson pro scan dvd player via component, when i returned to collect the moneyfor the dvd player an hour later they had it up and running through s-video so i guess they could not do it , i did notice the picture on the plasma was one of the worsed ive seen , that could be down to the dvd player though, they had on the mummy which is usally a good picture,
    hope this helps

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers jmack,
    I've just read an official sony brochure on the two models in the wega plasma range and it states that both models incoperate "Progressive scan technology" and can accept: 480i > 1080i signals so, would that sound like a definite yes on the P/scan front???

regards,

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the i is for interlased 480p or 525p or 625p would be pro scan