Sony KV36hq100b Sony KV36hq100

T

trashmonkey

Any major differences?
I'm panicking now as I'm awaiting delivery.
Can anyone throw any light on the matter or am i just being daft?
Thanks to everyone who hasposted on here to make my choice easier.

'B' is just one of the suffixes that all Sony TVs have to denote which market the product is intended for and my understanding is that all UK HQ100s are 'B's anyway.

as above ;) Chill out & don't worry ;) funny,i was the same when i ordered the 36FS76U,some dind't have the U!!

Hi
I think these TV's look nice, B stands for black.

B = black and silver

Nigel

I've got the service manual in front of me-"B" Is supposed to be France, "E" Spain & "k" is O/RT(?? Sorry,don't know) "U" always used to be UK,but the "B" doesn't mean anything about colour.

I think that's the normal way but I've never seen a U version of HQ100 so I'm guessing that 'B' version covers UK in this instance.

I have never seen a picture like this.Ever. My brother in law has a Panasonic 42" Viera plasma which is nothing on this. I would heartily recommend this to anyone even though it isn't a flat panel. Sure it's big but it was worth the argument over loss of space in the living room. :smashin:

Big,yes,but a work of art :)

Attachments

• NewTV2.jpg
    NewTV2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 733
Hi
Having never seen a Sony TV with the prefix "B" , and never seen one which is black and silver, 2+2=4
There are some Sony models which have the "B" and are sold in Europe, so it is not for that purpose.
Nigel

According to the nice person I spoke to at Sony's CIC, 'B' suffix models are normaly sold in parts of continental Europe but work fine in the UK because they cover UHF, VHF and all European PAL systems. 'U' versions apparantly only cover PAL system I and UHF frequencies only. And there isn't a 'U' version of 36HQ100. :lesson:

Why do people always doubt you??!! Here's the book,can't really argue with that!!

Attachments

• HQ100.jpg
    HQ100.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 358

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom