1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36HQ100 and prog scan

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dave1892, Sep 14, 2004.

1. dave1892

dave1892

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone think of a good reason why they wouldn't have designed this TV to take a prog scan signal? Does it have something better? Does Sony have other ideas for top dvd pictures?

And when the reviews say 'the best picture we've ever seen', do they mean apart from another TV with prog scan from a dvd, or can it really be better than that picture?

I don't know much about prog scan - hence the questions.

cheers
    Dave

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I really can't comment on prog. scan as i've never seen it :( I read the reviews on the HQ100 and digested the comments with a pinch of salt. I read similar reviews for the Panasonic PD30 and was very disapointed by the picture on that when i saw it. The HQ100 was to replace a string of faulty FS76U's,it arrived and i plugged it in.After changing the picture setting from "Live" (default) to personal and after some tweaking to the settings(10 mins MAX) i was blown away! The picture is awesome! However,Sony's QC remains poor. The set would switch AV channels on it's own when a freeview adaptor changes aspect ratio for adverts. Sony could not say whether to simply cut pin 8 on the SCART lead or whether it was a fault. The retailer replaced the TV,the replacement is very disapointing,the screen purity is poor,whites on about a third of the screen are yellow! It's going back and will be replaced this Friday.I hope the replacement is as good as the first one! If Sony would sort the QC out this product is amazing,pity poor QC and setup at the factor results in this though.....

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Replacement arrived and is spot on :) (touch wood!)