Sony KV36FS76u

E

eagle

Hi again

How good is the Sony KV36FS76 set?. I amnot that impressed with mine. I would appreciate others points of view.

Cheers Lee

Lee,

What exactly is it that you don't like about this set?

Do you like it's picture quality, but find that it's marred by niggling problems such as scrolling bars or noticeable buzzing, or are you unhappy with it's actual picture performance?

Bob.

Originally posted by eagle
Hi again

How good is the Sony KV36FS76 set?. I amnot that impressed with mine. I would appreciate others points of view.

Cheers Lee

As aksed above. What is wrong with it. I have had mine 10 months and (touch wood) so far it has performed perfectly in every respect. I guess it all comes down to personal preference but I am not a person easily pleased when it comes to a good picture. I have neer seen a "wonky" line yet and cannot fault the set in any respect other than the pre sets for different viewing (movie mode etc.) plus it does not even buzz. As I have said many times before it all comes down to the particular set you have. I believe if you put two new sets together there will be a difference and it is a matter of luck with all makes. Many people say they are unhappy with a particular set, change it 1,2 or more times and get good one, then again they do not. IMHO, there are as many poor ones as good ones about in any make at this level. Very disappointing to get a duff set though!

Originally posted by fatbob
Lee,

What exactly is it that you don't like about this set?

Do you like it's picture quality, but find that it's marred by niggling problems such as scrolling bars or noticeable buzzing, or are you unhappy with it's actual picture performance?

Bob.

Hi Bob

The problem I have is that the picture quality is awful with the colours in the background if solid looking giving a rippling type of effect. Peoples faces are multi coloured and especially with dark scenes everything just tends to blur in together. The whole effect seems to look like a water colour. Then again every now and again it seems fine depending on what sky channel I am on.
DVD is generally unwatchable.

CheersLee
Sony KV 36FS76U Scart 1 Sky Box 21pin scart. Scart 2 Cable Box 21pin Scart. Scart 3 Sony DAV 888 21pin QED S VHS- Scart. Scart 4 Panasonic NV 1HB VCR/DVD QED 21pin Scart

Hi Lee,

From your description it sounds as though you could have a duff set.

My friend has the predecessor to this set, the KV36FS70. His dvd and digibox are both connected through RGB, the Tv's processing is set to DRC 50, and the picture is extremely good.

I have never seen any of the problems you describe, although sometimes I think that the quality of blacks can look a little suspect, though not as bad as they sound on your set.

I think that your best course of action is to contact the dealer you bought the set from, and arrange for a visit from an engineer.

Many people have had to return several of these sets before they have received one that was up to standard. It could be that you have received a problem set that has found its way back into the system.

Cheers,

Bob.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom