Sony KV36FS76S or Tosh 36ZT29B

A

AV ADDICT

I've got the same problem and if you find out why one is better that the other let me know.

KV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

Markster

I didn't like the black marks down the side of the screen on the tosh 36" and not something i could live with. So ive now ordered the Sony. Will let you know my thoughts when it arrives

K

kash21

Hello

Ive done the same as Markster.

Been rang this morning by company saying they receive the Sony's on Monday 30th Sept..Hopefully will have it by this friday
:D :D :D

astonbilla

Which company??, please tell, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

K

kash21

You can find it cheaper but this was they only company that would deliver to a different address than the bill payer

I t's a wedding present

K

KANU25

AV Addict I'll let you know

But I've heard so many people upset with the dark sides on the Tosh - I actually ordered one but i cancelled it.

The sony seems my only option but I'll wait until someone else has actually reviewed it before I get it(Markster - If you could let us know please).

Plus there is also an Sony 36" IDTV coming out soon too.

M

Markster

>Plus there is also an Sony 36" IDTV coming out soon too.

Yes the KD-36NX200. not sure how much it is.
IDTV and it also has a memory stick slot for camera pics etc.
Its quite a bit bigger than the 36FS76 at 1148x835x748 (compared to 972x614x591)
Basically the same otherwise a couple of small differences. Slightly better sound but no picture in picture mode. Both have 4 scarts, 2 of which are rgb.

K

KANU25

I think that comes out in November. I'm not sure if it'll be worth waiting for???

A

AV ADDICT

MARKSTER & KANU 25

Cheers for the reply & gimme some good news about 36'' tvs.
I've had the shakes since joining this forum. I'm from a sheltered background where technology is a fairyland place that works perfectly because we payed for it. Now I read that a Philips is a Panny in disguise and'lets make things better' should read 'lets take the p*ss'. I was keen on a sony 36'' tv but all the news about dodgy sets has given me the sh*ts about spending ££££.

Also isn't it funny how a bee loves honey. BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZZZZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My kit: Panasonic 29 AD2 tv
Pioneer 717 MR DVD
Denon 3801 AMP
Sony LCD Projector + 7' screen
Nail cutter, shaver and hair gel. Deodorant.

mh66639

Standard Member
Just got the Sony Style catalogue.

The NX200 also has auto-convergence, different stand and control, one RGB SCART, No equaliser, digital quick focus, no clipboard/freeze, no PNP, and uprated speakers. Not a comprehensive list though! :)

Seen the NX200 for £2300 the FS76 for £1500

Matt

K

KANU25

I prefer the SONY KV36FS76S - I like the idea of PNP - especially as I watch quite a lot of Sports.

Does anyone kow if any other TV does that?

One thing I don't like is the stand - I prefer a closed one - I got so many leads.

I'll probably end up getting it

K

KANU25

Oh gosh - I'm even more confused.

I popped down to the Sony Shop in Reading and they've got 36FS76S set-up right next to the old one.

The TV's are identical - the FS76 is slightly smaller in height and the stand is an open one. - But the picture is quality- I don't know too much about Scrolling bars but the assistant in the shop knew about them and told me they've sorted it out.

But lets face it - the Sony 36FS76S looks ugly - I'm sorry but I just don't like the look of the stand and the overall feel of the TV - it looks as if it was designed in the late 80's early 90's.

I've spent about 10 grand doing up my living room and I can't put that my room even though the picture is really good.

Disguntled as I was(am) - I went off to Comet to check out the Tosh 36ZT29B - and again it struck my eye - it looked great. I tried to see if I could find the "Dark Sides" - but I couldn't really find them until I went on a screen that was all green - and to be perfectly honest it isn't that noticeable unless you're looking for it.

I'm gonna wait until John Lewis(or Someone that offers 5 year warranty) and get the Tosh - as I don't fancy buying over the internet in case I have any problems.

A

alim

Why not wait for the 36" Sony iDTV which looks much nicer? Same as new FQ80.

mh66639

Standard Member
Mind-you I hear the price will be £2000+ and won't be available till Nov?

Matt.

A

alim

November is around the corner. If you've spent 10k on a living room then surely spending an extra few hundred pounds won't hurt!

K

KANU25

True say - But I guess with a closed cabinet all the wires can be hidden - I'm seen the stand with the Sonys and they ain't all that