Sony KV36FS76 - Worth waiting for stock?

W

whizzbangtango

Hi all,

I really badly want a Sony KV36FS76 but can't find stock anywhere (at least not at a price I like!). Since I know very little about 36" TVs, I wondered if people thought it worth waiting for stock of the Sony or whether any of these are as good:

Toshiba 36ZT29
Philips 36PW9607
Panasonic 36PL30C

Recommendations or opinions very welcome.

Cheers.

better than all them, I'm waiting so please join the queue :D

that's my opinion, as you will get other people's too

When you get a good one I doubt you will be it. To put is another way, it does seem a matter of luck how your TV performs from any supplier if you read this forum. On level ground, I think at the moment the fs76 is the best for picture and looks wise is not going to date. ;)

Hold on. Every company I have spoken to are saying they will be in stock 3-4 week in Jan.

Worth the wait in my opinion even though mine is faulty and Im waiting to get mine replaced.

Out of interest, you say you can't get one in stock at a price you want. Does that mean you have found them in stock???? I can't find one anywhere?

Regards

Tom

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I found a local Currys that allegedly had one in stock... but it was £2000 so I didn't dig any deeper. They had a model on display alongside the other 3 I mentioned so maybe that one was the stock they were talking about! I fiddled with the picture settings on them all a bit and the Sony picture did look a lot better... no real test I know, but still...

Anyway, I guess I'm in the queue.

Cheers

My local Soney centre has them at £1580, Comet too at £1800 with DVD player and 720 VCR. Currys won't believe me when I tell them that £2000 is overpriced...

Tell Currys everything they sell is overpriced and they still won't believe you :D

p.s. by the way I just got an email offering 10% everything at Currys until Jan 23, now that changes things slightly

posted it in Special Offers forum :rolleyes:

Garion

Could you tell me where your Sony centre is please, even a number if you have got one would be VERY much appreciated.

Regards

Tom

Comet NOW tell me that there is up to a 4 week wait, but they will match £1580.

Phoned 4 local (ish) Sony Centre's and they all gave varying quotes... from 1699 incl 5yr warranty to 1800 with only 1 yr warranty! Still, they do pricematch the highstreet. If only I could find a retailer on the highstreet with a good price. if anyone around Herfordshire knows of a decent shop please let me know.

By the way, two of Sony Centres claimed to have stock at the warehouse...

Originally posted by MackemX
Tell Currys everything they sell is overpriced and they still won't believe you :D

p.s. by the way I just got an email offering 10% everything at Currys until Jan 23, now that changes things slightly

posted it in Special Offers forum :rolleyes:

I cant find it :(

Can you let us know when it was posted or add the thread

Thanks

Yes it would have, only I just got the e-mail today when I checked on my own pc. £30 quid off my new fridge!

Thankyou anyway;)

Hiya

Is that right, that the Sony Centre will price-match?

Had a nightmare trying to get the MK branch of JL to price-match the Premier A/V Centre.

Funny that the MK branch of the Sony centre never mentioned they price-match. Hmm :devil:

Regards

PaulMK

Hi FS76 buyers,

Thanks for all the price information, very useful.

I have been checking prices for the FS76 for a couple of weeks now.

Cheapest I found online was robertwhyteltd.co.uk £1418.99 delivered with one year warranty.

Cheapest local for me was JL Cheadle £1795.00 delivered with 5 year warranty.

Sony Centre in Trafford Centre was £1799.00 with 5 year warranty plus delivery extra at £1 per mile. I might tell them about Romford Sony Centres price of £1580 (Garion does this include 1 or 5 year warranty? delivery?)

I am currently waiting for a Barclaycard (for cashback purposes)so have a couple of weeks to drive prices down locally.

From reading info on this forum it doesn't seem worthwhile to risk buying online as aftersales appears poor across the board.
The trick seems to be find a reputable, local retailer who will sell at an online price - not easy to find.
It appears that John Lewis and House of Fraser give the best customer service in the event of a problem, I am therefore pretty much set on purchasing from one of these two companies complete with 5 year warranty even if it costs a little extra.

Hopefully if Trafford Sony centre match the price of their Romford counterparts (depending on warranty included), John Lewis will then no doubt price match the Sony Centre and Bobs your Uncle ;) .

I decided on the 5 year warranty for 2 reasons.
Firstly the TV weighs a ton and I wouldn't fancy getting it to a service centre in the back of my car - Quote "TV itself is around 90kg according to the manual and I can vouch that it is definitely NOT a one man job - packaging also barely fits through a normal door - the stratches on my outside doorframe bare testament to that - another DIY job before winter sets in!".

Secondly I picked up the following quote from one of the FS36 threads "My dad was a TV repairman for 30 plus years until he retired a few months ago, & advises to get a 5 yr guaranttee with any 36" TV as he used to see a lot of 36" TVs returned with blown tubes."

Take this info as you like and decide for yourselves, this is the first time I've used this forum and have found a lot of absolutely invaluable info, Cheers to all! :D

Bam M

paulMK, yes, 2 out of the 4 Sony Centres I called (Hemel, Watford, Welwyn and Stevenage) volunteered the information that they price match the high street but not the internet. I haven't tried them out tho'!

just ordered mine from Unbeatable for £1337

just waiting for it coming in from Sony, and if it goes down below that anywhere, Barclaycard will price match the difference anyway

that'll do me :D

just waiting for it coming in from Sony, and if it goes down below that anywhere, Barclaycard will price match the difference anyway

that'll do me :D

£1337 ?????

The site still shows £1407.99 + £40 Del. Can you tell me where this price is located because I am looking to get a B/CD price match right now and I doubt I will beat that!

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

Now I know, you have used the 5% discount. (This still has delivery on though). ;)

Watch these for delivery MackemX, I've read threads of people who have specifically asked for 2 man delivery but they still only sent 1 man - via Citylink and rolled it (yes rolled!!) from the van into the house.

Guess what... it had faults.

Best of luck mate.

Bam

cdave - Would appreciate your post with info on Barclaycard cashback when you sort it, generally haven't seen many posts from people who have successfully used this service.

I will be using it in the next few weeks.

Did you get a 5 year warranty with your TV? Just wondering if I could price match against 1 year warranties as JL give 5 year warranty for free.

Cheers

Bam

I've used the B/card prime promise when I bought my ns405...got it for £230 before anyone else had any stock and then price matched 1 month later and got £90 back...took about 3 weeks.

Things they needed were:
Covering letter.
Copy of Statement showing the transaction. (had to wait a couple of weeks for my statement to come through as they didn't accept a printout from your internet bcard account).
Copy of receipt.
Printout + URL of web page you are price matching against.

I've used B/Card price match a few times now.

Digi Camera, Digi Camcorder, sewing Machine (for the missus)

Bought a FS76 from Euronics in Gatley for 1799.99. Going to price match with Unbeatable.co.uk for 1337 with the 5% discount.

Called B/Card price promise line and told it was ok to use the voucher as long as TV was in stock. Quite how they can check the stocks I don't know cause it's not as if they are going to check the prices until at least a few weeks after you make the claim.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom