Sony KV36FS76 SVM cures.

Maki

Established Member
Reaction score
Having lived with this set for a few months, I have come to the conclusion something needs to be done about the horrible feature known as SVM.
I have read a few rants from other dissapointed owners and I thought it would be nice to get a thread going to see if anything can be done about the problem.
I am sure there are as many disgruntled owners such as myself out there. This feature spoils what is close to being a superb performer, so please lets find a cure!

The only way to disable it on my FX66 and other models is to open the TV and cut a wire.

Definitely *not* recommended especially with a CRT that size.

I'm sure I remember a thread on here, or maybe it was the US forum, about how to disable SVM. Suggest you do a search. As Paul says, though, it involves fiddling among some very high voltages!

Thanks guys. as I thought. However, since posting my original question, I have talked to my local Sony engineer, and he is pretty sure he can disable the SVM.
An interesting claim, I think it's worth a stab. It'll cost me £25 all in, not too bad if it works... trouble is I don't think it will. he did say he neede a 'special tool'.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom