1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36FS76 - I'm getting one but need help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by av-noobie, May 12, 2003.

1. av-noobie

av-noobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am a newbie and a bit confused, so any advice/help will be much appreciated. I found this site and it seems great, full of knowledgeable types.

I have just purchased a Sony KV36FS76 tv from unbeatable.co.uk and am going to connect this to my existing Sony DAVS-800 Home Cinema unit.

I am a little unsure about connection leads though, I have read some threads on here but don't really understand S-video, composite, RGB etc.

I have my digital cable box and video connected to the DAVS-800 and then a composite (???) in the DAVS-800 to Scart in my current TV.

I think I am able to connect the DAV-S800 and KV36FS76 using S-video, is this the best move? Also are the red, yellow (and I think white) connections on the back of the DAV composite, or something else.

I can wait for the tv to arrive now, most opinions seem to suggest that this is a very good tv, and the one I saw in comet did look mega.

Lastly, whilst in comet, I mentioned to the sales robot that the tv could be had on the internet for £300 less that their showroom price, his reply was, "Ah, yes, but would you really buy anything like that on the internet, its not safe". To which I replied, "Oh really, well I was on the Comet site at the time, but if you say its dodgy..." (swivelled and left shop with big smile on face)

:)

2. av-noobie

av-noobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers everyone, I'll print all those replies out and read them in my spare time!

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    That attitude is certainly gonna win you a lot of friends:rolleyes:
    I certainly don't remember paying taxes which entitle me to free av advice within a time frame which suits me.

Seriously though, welcome to the forums. Spend some time searching here and you will no doubt find some information to help you.

4. av-noobie

av-noobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Note to self : Don't **** off the guys with the info BEFORE they have given it.

Point taken, I'm such an ass - even I wouldn't help me!!!

5. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Generally favour connections (as available) in this order:

1. Component (note this isn't composite)

2. RGB

3. S-Video

4. Composite

5. RF

All of the above with the exception of RF can be carried by a SCART cable (depending on the cable and TV) but in general the two main formats carried by SCART are RGB and composite.